Golden Circle Breath
This Chi Kung has three underlying factors that help to make it powerful. They are different aspects of the Yin Yang theory and enrich the layers of the different stages.
The first principle is Alignment. The head must be aligned towards the north with your feet towards the south. This places the body in proper alignment with respect to the polarity of the earth's magnetic fields which in turn synchronizes us to the magnetic fields of the universe.
The second principle is Color Utilization. This technique is enhanced by the use of color. The golden inhalation invigorates the body while blue exhalation relaxes and soothes the body. By utilizing both colors, we balance and harmonize the energy within us. Gold is also the color used when one wants to course meridians without upsetting select color energies.
The third principle is Heavenly Energy. The colors also represent a balance between heaven and mankind. Blue is the Yin of night, the coolness, and all the celestial energy of the moon. Gold is the Yang of the day, the warmth, and the power of the sun.
You will find that this Chi Kung revitalizes your energy while also providing relaxation. An excellent use of this set is to aid with insomnia.
Stage One - Energy Waves
- Lay down in a comfortable, quiet place with your head to the north and your feet to the south. Your arms should be outstretched with your palms facing upward. Your body should resemble a star as seen from above.
- Begin by relaxing your feet and your calves. As you inhale deeply into your Dan Tien, visualize golden waves of energy lapping up and over your feet and legs as if you are laying on a beach with waves beginning to roll over you. As you exhale, visualize blue or white light dancing through it like foam dancing on the waves of the ocean.
Continue this pattern up through your knees, then your thighs, then your waist, and up to your chest
When it hits your shoulders, allow it to overflow and spill down into your arms like water filling the handle of a milk jug (See Figure #3). Continue to breathe deeply, using the colors, Fill your entire body with energy.
Stage Two----Circling of Breath
Once you have filled your entire body with the colors and the energy, look inward to your mind's eye.
1. Visualize a golden ball of energy.
2. Take this ball down to your Dan Tien and move the ball around your torso in circles (See Table 1 and Figure 4). Males should move the ball clockwise. Females counterclockwise.
When you are laying down, the clock orientation is 12:00 at our groin and 6:00 at your chest.
Gender Reps Direction
Male - Clockwise. Inhale up right side, exhale down left side.
Female - Counterclockwise/ Inhale up left side, exhale down right side.
Using this energy pattern generates and densely packs the energy field.
Stage Three----Energy Patterns
There are three different energy patterns that used with the Golden Circle Breath Chi Kung. The first two patterns use a particular point as a "home base". The third pattern is a continous loop that uses the twelve main meridians.
A. Tienmu (Mind's Eye)
1. Run the energy from your forehead to your right palm. Return it to your forehead.
2. Run the energy from your forehead to your right foot. Return it to your forehead.
3. Run the energy from your forehead to your left foot. Return it to your forehead.
4. Run the energy from your forehead to your left hand. Return it to your forehead.
5. Continue to run this pattern for as long as time permits.
B. Dan Tien (Central Pole)
1. Run the energy from your Dan Tien to your right palm. Return it to your Dan Tien.
2. Run the energy from your Dan Tien to your right foot. Return it to your Dan Tien.
3. Run the energy from your Dan Tien to your left foot. Return it to your Dan Tien.
4. Run the energy from your Dan Tien to your left hand. Return it to your Dan Tien.
5. Run the energy from your Dan Tien to your forehead. Return it to your Dan Tien.
6. Continue to run this pattern for as long as time permits.
Stage Four - Meridians
This is the last exercise and is for advanced practicioners who have memorized the paths of the meridians as they course through the body.
To do this exercise, visualize the golden ball of energy as it moves through each of the meridians in this order:
After you complete the course of each meridian, move immediately to the next.
Professor Rick Moneymaker has produced over 50 martial arts training videos that have been distributed internationally He has also appeared in five nationally published magazine and five international magazines and his international organization The Dragon Society is responsible for training over 9,000 martial artists worldwide.
For more information about Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker, The Dragon Society, or Torite-Jutsu, visit http://www.dragonsociety.com/